Maintains operations by purchasing parts and materials; monitoring inventory; approving invoices; supervising staff.
* Accomplishes purchasing human resource objectives by selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions; recommending compensation actions; adhering to policies and procedures.
* Meets purchasing operational standards by contributing purchasing information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying purchasing system improvements.
* Meets purchasing financial standards by providing annual budget information; monitoring expenditures; identifying variances; implementing corrective actions.
* Purchases parts and materials by reviewing, verifying, and approving purchase requests; researching options; reviewing bids for adherence to standards; providing information to users regarding quality, costs, and lead times.
* Maintains inventory by monitoring minimum and maximum stock levels.
* Approves invoice payment by verifying receipt; forward to accounting.
* Resolves accounting issues by researching problem invoices.
* Disposes of scrap by negotiating terms of removal and sale.
* Maintains purchasing and inventory database by coordinating enterprise standards with information /systems.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical and professional publications.
* Accomplishes purchasing and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Woburn, United States
11 months ago